Tips for Adobe Illistrator users sending files for CNC Routing.
- If you can send the file as PDF as well it can be a great help.
- Files can sometimes change when tranfered to other programs. PDF's give us a visual double check.
- It's a good idea to put scale reference like a 500mm square with a dimension on the file with free flowing shapes. Some time's the scale will change when changing from Illustrator to CAD.
- We can import Adode Illustrator, so machining directly from your files is possible.
- If you want text machined explode the fonts to turn them in to graphics. If you send text as fonts, and we don't have your font a different one will be substituted, and your elegant font can come out as Helvetica. Again a PDF can give us a quick double check.
- Send the your file as an Adobe Illustrator file not as a DXF.
- If you use Illustrator to convert to DXF curves can be broken into small steps that take up a lot of space, and lose accuracy.